When your home or commercial property experiences water damage, it is crucial to have trained experts conduct a comprehensive inspection as soon as possible. This is where our professional Athens water damage restoration services come in. Unattended or undetected water could wreak significant havoc in your home by creating an environment for mold growth and damaging the structural integrity of your property.
At Special Touch Restoration, we use advanced equipment to restore your property and possessions to their pre-damage condition. Our water damage restoration services in Athens AL, involve removing the damaged components, cleaning the salvageable items, disinfecting them, drying the space, and restoring your property’s structural integrity.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FACE A WATER DAMAGE EMERGENCY
In the face of a water damage emergency, you should follow the following steps:
- Seek professional Athens water damage restoration services – The first step should be to bring in a professional for the safest and fastest assistance.
- Remove as much water as possible – Before you access any area with stagnant water, you should ensure that you switch the electricity off to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Remove floor coverings and other unattached rugs – Especially if there is high traffic in a room, moisture can weaken the backing of your flooring beyond repair. You can prevent flooring damage by removing mats and rugs from the affected area.
- Move items of value to a safe and dry space – You can remove items like décor, books, and small items of furniture as you wait for professional water damage restoration services in Athens AL.
WHAT TO AVOID IN THE FACE OF WATER DAMAGE
You should avoid the following when faced with water damage:
- Avoid Entering Rooms with Standing Water – Standing water could be contaminated and poses a challenge of electric shock.
- Avoid Touching or Disturbing Visible Mold – Avoid touching the mold that develops in the water-contaminated area since it could be toxic. By touching the mold, you might end up spreading the spores throughout your property.
- Avoid Lifting Tacked Down Carpet – One of the most hazardous parts of water damage restoration is removing the carpet. Bacteria grow fast under the carpet; exposure to these bacteria could lead to severe illness.
- Avoid Using Electrical Appliances on Wet Flooring – Avoid using appliances like vacuums on wet flooring.
CONTACT US TODAY
The best way to deal with water damage is by seeking Athens water damage restoration services. Contact Special Touch Restoration today for the best services.